The Episcopal Church of the Saviour
The church was built in 1911 and is one of the oldest churches in the area. It was designed and built by the "English Colony" of Hanford and the design is typical of English churches of that era. The nave seats approximately 250 people, there are two side isles, a Lady Chapel and Chapel for veterans, a magnificent 1911 Murray Harris pipe organ, 1906 Steinway piano, choir stalls and sanctuary. Behind the altar stands a hand carved raredos and beautiful stained glass window. Also on the property is the original 1882 church which now serves as a chapel. This historic building was restored in 1966 and hosts beautiful stained glass and frescos. The parish hall was built in 1966 and contains a commercial kitchen that provides meals to the poor and homeless seven days each week. In 2017 we served nearly 70,000 meals and on Christmas Eve fed over 350 poor and homeless a sit-down dinner of tritip with all the fixins and cheesecake for dessert. The building also contains the church offices and vestry room. Finally, there is a Christian Education wing that contains a lovely nursery and music room. The remaining rooms contain walk in coolers and freezers to support the Soup Kitchen as well as dry food storage. There is parking for 9 cars behind this building.
Episcopal Church of the Saviour Soup Kitchen
The Episcopal Church of the Saviour Soup Kitchen has served Hanford's neediest for over thirty years. We serve a hot nutritious lunch Monday through Saturday from 11:30am to 12:30pm and we serve a sack lunch on Sundays from 1:30pm to 2:30pm.
News about The Episcopal Church of the Saviour
Share a story
519 N Douty St
Hanford, CA 93230-3910