About Episcopal Diocese of Northern Indiana
Greeting Saints! Welcome to the Asset Map of the Episcopal Church in Northern Indiana, the Crossroads of America. I’m Doug Sparks, and I have the privilege of serving as bishop of this diocese.
There are 33 Faith Communities or congregations, from Gary to Angola, South Bend to Kokomo, Valparaiso to Fort Wayne and everywhere in between.
I’ve discovered that we are a diverse, generous, inspiring and hopeful community of Disciples who are members of the Growing Episcopal Branch of the Jesus Movement.
We are committed to living out the Baptismal Covenant and have embraced the 5 Marks of Mission:
- to Proclaim the Good News;
- to Teach, Baptize and Nurture new believers;
- to Respond to Human Need by Loving Service;
- to Transform unjust structures of society, to Challenge violence of every kind and to Pursue peace and reconciliation and
- to Strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth as OUR way of engaging God’s Mission in Northern Indiana.
We have given ourselves over to the work of Racial Reconciliation and Racial Justice, living more fully into becoming Beloved Community, by telling the truth about racism, proclaim God’s dream, practicing the way of Jesus and looking for ways to repair the breach caused by the sin of racism.
If you’re planning a move to Northern Indiana, send us an email, we would be happy to connect you one of our faith communities.
If you’re looking for a ministry opportunity, send me an email, I’d love to have a conversation with you.
Most importantly, please pray for us here in Northern Indiana, as be strive to become, more and more, God’s Beloved Community!
Episcopal Diocese of Northern Indiana official website