Bellwether Farm Camp, Retreat and Education Center
The Episcopal Diocese of Ohio has built new camp and retreat center that features a working, regenerative farm. The 137-acre property, located in Wakeman Township in Huron County, is geographically centered in the Diocese, and the new facilities include:
- Seasonal cabins for 96 campers and 32 staff members
- A farmstead with staff housing, animal and equipment barns, and gardens for children and adults to learn and work
- A central dining and program facility for campers and program participants, multiple meeting rooms and a teaching kitchen
- A multipurpose worship barn that will seat up to 175
- Playing fields for a variety of activities
- An arts and crafts cabin
- A nurses cabin
- Restroom facilities and changing rooms near the five-acre swimming pond
- 40 Overnight accommodation rooms that are single or double occupancy with a private bath
- Each pod of 5 rooms includes a lounge area and kitchenette for small group meetings
All facilities meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards and are accessible to anyone with mobility challenges. Buildings incorporate renewable energy technology and other sustainable technologies that we will use as educational tools.
We accept volunteer help on the farm and in the kitchen. Groups or individuals can help plant, harvest or preserve produce.
News about Bellwether Farm Camp, Retreat and Education Center
Share a story
Support for the initial work at Bellwether Farm (Diocese of Ohio) consisting of formation materials and other educational resources which would be models for other communities seeking to institute similar programs.
4655 State Route 60
Wakeman, OH 44889